Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nursing Home Visit

Tonight as a ward Relief Society activity we went and "heart attacked" (put paper hearts everywhere) at a nearby nursing home.  It was such a great experience!  The people there were so sweet and seemed genuinely happy that we were there.  They took the time to ask each of our names and where we were from.  I realized that we have so much to learn from those that are older than us.  I have amazing grandparents and I love them so much!  I was down in St. George visiting my Dad's parents earlier in September, and I snuck this picture of them as we were leaving the restaurant.
Here is a picture of my Mom's mom and her husband.  

My mom's father passed away when she was a teenager, so I never had the chance to meet him, but about ten years ago my Grandma got remarried to a wonderful man named Harold.  They live in North Carolina, so I don't get to see them very often, but I love when I get to.  Enjoy your grandparents, because you never know how long you will have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment