Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Irrational Fears: Part II

So here it is, my other irrational fear... FERRIS WHEELS!  Those things just scare me to death!  Back when I was younger I used to be deathly afraid of heights.  When I was seven or eight my family went to Niagra Falls.  We were walking over a bridge to get to the Canada side (a very large bridge that even had cars driving on it)  and I was so scarred that I started crying.  I got over that fear of heights around when I was twelve and I first climbed a rock wall.  Ever since then I have loved things like rock climbing, and last summer I helped to teach high ropes at a summer camp.  I also love roller coasters and even want to go sky diving when I save up enough money, but ferris wheels absolutely scare me to death ( as do ski lifts).  I tried going on one a couple years back to see if I was over my fear, and nope I wasn't.  There is just something about being in a swaying little compartment that is high up in the air without any type of seat belts or safety restraints.  They had a ferris wheel on campus for a day last semester and I took a pretty cool picture of it.
Maybe one day I'll conquer my fear, but for now I'll keep to rock climbing and high ropes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment