Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ein Heldenleben

Tonight I had the amazing opportunity of watching amazing roommate Lauren perform with the BYU Philharmonic Orchestra, which is the top orchestra at BYU, so I guess you could say she is pretty talented :)  The major piece that they played tonight was Strauss' "Ein Heldenleben."  It is an awesome piece written about the conquest of a hero. (To get the full story of the piece, visit Lauren's blog http://how-lovelee.blogspot.com)  The piece was almost an hour long, but it was amazing, and the orchestra did a phenomenal job!  Here is a little snippit of them playing-
Pretty good, huh?  Another cool thing about tonight was that Dieter F. Uchtdorf was there! And guess what! He sat in my row about 15 seats away and  Lauren even got to shake his hand after the concert!  He is probably my favorite speaker, and I love every single one of his talks.  All in all, it was a pretty awesome day, so we decided to end it by watching one of my favorite classic Disney movies- 101 Dalmatians :)  Nothing beats a day of classical music, Uchtdorf, and Disney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment