Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Not everyone can be Da Vinci...

This semester one of the classes I am taking is Art for Elementary Educators (since I'm going into Elementary Education.)  Besides photography, I've never really been an artist, but I'm really enjoying this class so far.  Last class we went over all the different styles of art and I realized that you don't have to paint like Da Vinci to be a good artist.  There are all different styles of art and they are each good in their own way.  The two artists that I really like are Van Gogh and Monet.  Believe it or not, when they first started painting, people didn't like their "impressionist" style.  Here are a couple of their paintings that I really like.
The Church at Auvers- Vincent Van Gogh
Venice Twilight- Claude Monet
The oil pastel of gerber daisies that I posted a couple posts ago was something I did in this class along with these-
For this assignment we had to use contour lines to draw our shoes and then put optical art in the background.
For this assignment we had to use different watercolor techniques to paint a flower, and I decided to do a gerber daisy again because they are my favorite flowers.  Even though these aren't amazing works of art, they were fun to do which is really all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment