Thursday, March 29, 2012

Eating Well

Although I don't always have time to cook nice meals, every once in a while I like to try new things off of pinterest.  (My future husband better be thankful for pinterest, because I am learning some awesome recipes.  The other night I made some super yummy pretzel bites that were really easy to make.
 This is a link to the recipe, but in essence, here is what you do:
1.) Thaw desired amount of Texas size Rodes Rolls (eat makes 4 pretzel bites)
2.) Cut into four pieces and set on cookie sheet
3.) Let rise until doubled in size (I left them in a warm oven so they'd speed up)
4.)Boil a pot of water and add a couple spoonfulls of baking soda (this is what makes them pretzel-like)
5.) Drop them into the water and let them boil for 45-60 seconds
6.) Remove from water using a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
7.) Place on well greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
8.) Butter and salt them and then roll them in either parmesan cheese or cinnamon sugar. 
Enjoy!  

It was my Mom's idea to start up a family recipe blog, so this week I made one.  For lots of yummy Thatcher Family recipes check it out here or click on the cute little link on the side of my page.



No comments:

Post a Comment