Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hilary Weeks

I am really excited for this weekend because Hilary Weeks (my favorite church singer) is coming to BYU!  I've listened to her music as long as I can remember.  Her songs are so inspirational and she is a great musician as well. Today I was looking up her songs on youtube and found a great music video that she did.  It is really a touching video, so you should take the time to watch it, you won't forget it.

 Out of her albums as a whole, "If I Only Had Today"  is probably my favorite.  My favorite song of her's however is "He'll Carry You"
I love the lyrics and the message of this song, and particular I love the first verse and chorus:
"He knows your heart
He knows your pain
He knows the strength it took just too simply breathe today 
He sees the tears that you cry
He knows your soul is aching to know why 
He hears your prayers each humble word
When you said you couldn’t face another day he understood 
He knows the path that you will find
Though you felt alone he’s never left your side

Chorus:
He knew there’d be moments when no earthly words
Could take away your sorrow 
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through 
When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do 
He will lift your heavy load and carry you "

When I wake up knowing that it is going to be a hard day, I try to remember this song.  Sometimes it truly feels like "no human eyes could see what you're going through"  but I've learned that by having faith and relying on Christ, He really can "lift your heavy load and carry you."

No comments:

Post a Comment