Monday, March 26, 2012

Rock Climbing

Ever since I climbed a rock wall at my first year of girl's camp, I have absolutely loved it! I think that rock climbing is actually one of the things that helped me get over the fear of heights that I had when I was little.  This summer belaying the rock wall was part of what I did all summer at camp, and I loved it.  Here is a picture of Me, Sam (left), and Brent (right) belaying the wall at camp just as we did every morning.
 This is one of my favorite pictures of me on the rock wall.
Since being in Utah, I haven't really had an opportunity to go climbing, but tonight I planned for our FHE group to go together to the local climbing gym, and it was a blast!
 I love the mental and physical challenge that rock climbing brings, and I love that there are so many twists you can add.  Some of my favorite things to do with a simple climbing wall are to climb blindfolded  or climb without using certain body parts (only one hand one foot ect...)  Anyways tonight was a blast, but I am super beat and am expecting to be  really sore tomorrow, but hey where there's not pain, there's no gain!



No comments:

Post a Comment