Sunday, April 1, 2012

Amazing Weekend of Surprises!


Just as the title of this post says, this weekend was an amazing week of surprises!  On Thursday my mom called and said she got from free plane tickets from a friend of a friend and that she was flying out Friday morning to see me.  I had already told my friend Enrico that I would take him at midnight on Thursday to pick his dad up from the airport (he is from Italy!) and so I got home at 1:30 am on Friday and then left at 10 am to go pick my mom up.  It was soo great to see her since I'm not going to get to go home until Christmas probably.  We spent most of the weekend just hanging out which was great.  Then Friday was my roommate Hayley's birthday and we threw her an awesome surprise party! (even though she wasn't super surprised.)


Saturday and Sunday were General Conference (which is a worldwide semiannual meeting for my church).  It is always so inspiring!  To find out more about it, click here! (seriously check it out because there are always amazing speakers!)  Here are some of my favorite quotes from past General Conferences.






So there is your advice for the week, no matter what happens, come what may and love it!

1 comment:

  1. Erin! this was great! yes....conference is my absolute favorite weekend! and the come what may and love it quote has been my life motto ever since he gave that talk! what a great man! and well done on the surprise party--you make a fantastic host! :)

    ReplyDelete