Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

What a beautiful Easter day it was today!  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and for me it was a day filled with religion, family, friends, and food!  I went to church with my extended family this morning to be there for the blessing of my cousin's baby.  After church we went back to my aunt's house for some delicious food.  My other aunt from England was visiting, and my cousin's husband's family was there as well so there was probably around 40 people there.  It was great to visit with family and I got to help my little cousins dye Easter eggs which was really fun.  In all, it was a great Easter (the best that it could've been considering I was away from my family.)  If celebrated correctly, Easter  is such a wonderful reminder of what Christ did for us.  Here is a wonderful video about Easter.  It is kind of long, but very worth it.
Today in church the lyrics to "I Know that My Redeemer Lives"  popped into my head.  One of the verses that I really like goes like this-
"He lives to silence all my fears,
He lives to stop and wipe my tears,
He lives to calm my troubled heart,
He lives all blessings to impart:"
To find out more of what I believe about Jesus Christ and what he did for us, click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment