Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Life's Battles

It is inevitable that everyone will face battles and stressful times in their lives.  For me, these last couple days have been stressful to say the least.  I have been trying to balance work and school along with the extra stress of applying for a major.  Coming into this week I knew that if I did not face it with a positive attitude, I would not make it through.  Each morning I woke up I tried facing the day with a positive attitude and a prayer for strength.  The results were amazing.  This reminded me of a great quote from Vince Lombardi:




"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can."

When we stay positive we can do way more than we would otherwise be able to do, and we enjoy ourselves a lot more as well.  Even within my crazy and stressful 9 hour day of school I was able to find something positive to hold onto.  Today in art we did impressionist paintings of our favorite flowers with oil pastels.  I have never really had a knack for this type of art, but today I thought my piece turned out quite well and helped me to see the good in the day.
I'm not going to try to pretend that I am the perfect example of staying positive all of the time because I certainly have my down days just like everyone else.  Today however was a great reminder for me of the benefits of staying positive and finding the good in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment