Saturday, January 28, 2012

Homemade Calzones!

So today has been quite a productive day for me.  I woke up (before 10 am on a Saturday!) and went with my roommates to check out some apartment for next year. We really like the one we looked at today and there's a possibility we will move there for next year.  It's definately not the fanciest place, but it is very homey feeling and a good price. http://www.sparksapts.com/  After that I did my laundry, homework, cleaned my room and cleaned out my closest!  Quite a productive day that I felt was fit to end with a good meal.

A couple of weeks ago on pinterest I came across a yummy looking recipe for calzone rolls. (http://family.go.com/food/)  I made a few changes since I don't like marinara sauce, but they turned out absolutely delicious! Here is the version of my recipe:
Ingredients:
Butter
Flour
Milk
Parmesan Cheese
Pizza Dough
Mozzarella Cheese
Pepperoni  or any other pizza toppings

Instructions
First I prepared a Roux using the butter, flour, milk, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to make a parmesan sauce.  (If you don't know how to prepare a roux, go here.)  Then I cut my pizza dough in thirds to make three medium sized rectangles.  I just used walmart brand pizza dough in a can, but any kind of pizza dough will work.  Then I spread the parmesan sauce on the dough, added my topping and mozzarella, rolled them up, and baked them for 15 minutes at 375.  Here is the finished product-


I did one with chicken, one with pepperoni, and one with both.  They all turned out delicious and were super easy to make!

1 comment: